The Civic Engagement program is rooted in the belief that democracy is richer, deeper, and more vibrant when all people are actively involved.
The program focuses on supporting progressive organizations that share our values and that are working to engage historically under-represented populations (people of color, youth, and low-income people) in the civic processes, ensuring opportunities for these communities to design and shape the decisions that impact their lives.
Trust and relationships are our guiding compass for shifting resources where they’re needed. Therefore, the program supports a diverse network of groups, multiracial alliances, coordinated tables, and coalitions focused on meeting the moment and laying the groundwork for the future. The Civic Engagement program supports existing efforts to address today’s critical, complex, and entwined social and environmental issues.
In 2021, The Grove Foundation transitioned many of their previous Environment Program grantees to the Civic Engagement fund. This program transition represents a shift for our grantees as well as our staff and we realize the changes we are making will be experienced with mixed emotions and under varying circumstances. We commit to continuing to partner with and respond to grantees’ specific needs, and look forward to continuing this important work in new ways. You can read more about this transition and previous grantees here.
Download an overview of the Civic Engagement program here.
- Tides Center – Advance Native Political Leadership Education Fund
- Arizona Coalition for Change
- Asian Community Development Council
- California Immigrant Policy Center
- Center For Civic Policy
- Central Arizonans for a Sustainable Economy
- Central Valley Immigrant Integration Collaborative
- Faith Organizing Alliance
- Hmong Innovating Politics
- Institute for a Progressive Nevada
- Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona
- Mi Familia Vota Education Fund
- National Urban Indian Family Coalition
- New American Leaders
- Native American Rights Fund
- NAVA Education Project
- Neo Philanthropy Inc. – Four Freedoms Fund
- Neo Philanthropy Inc. – State Infrastructure Fund
- New Mexico Dream Team
- Ole Education Fund
- One Arizona
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada
- Progress Now AZ Institute
- Rural Arizona Engagement
- Sierra Health Foundation Center For Health Program Management
- Somos Un Pueblo Unido
- State Voices – Silver State Voices
Organizations included here are grantees that have received support from the Grove Foundation since 2018. This list is not necessarily comprehensive. Photos on this page are courtesy of: Mi Familia Vota, Asian Community Development Council and National Urban Indian Family Coalition